NORWICH RESEARCH PARK IS A COMMUNITY OF WORLD-LEADING RESEARCH ORGANISATIONS AND GROUND-BREAKING BUSINESSES, WORKING TOGETHER TO CREATE SOLUTIONS TO GLOBAL CHALLENGES IN FOOD AND HEALTH.
From the soil to our health; Norwich Research Park’s vision is to change lives and rethink society through pioneering research and innovation, reframing the future of research and delivering regional growth.
Norwich Research Park is home to a wealth of world-leading research. Its 3,000 scientists and clinicians work in some of the areas of greatest importance to society today: food and health.
The unique mix that blends a major university teaching hospital with a leading university and internationally important research institutes provides an unbroken chain, each part aiding the progression of another, where our people are gaining new knowledge of soil, plants, therapeutics and diagnostics, food, nutrition, health and healthy ageing, all underpinned by world-leading genomics.
Norwich Research Park will be an inspirational place to work; where the world will look, not only for answers to global challenges, but also to learn from our success at creating a true research and innovation community, where organisations and people flourish and grow, in an environment that breeds and nurtures creativity and wellbeing.
Pioneering research, adventurous innovation, enterprising entrepreneurship and accelerated commercialisation will always be at the heart of our work, but we will also work with the community around us, its schools and its colleges, providing learning opportunities, jobs and local growth.
Our vision is a bold statement, conveying an aspiration for the future where all of us in the Park community are making significant positive contributions to economic and social change. To help us achieve that vision, we have identified a series of priorities.
- A1 Deliver world-leading fundamental and translational research outcomes with our UK and international collaborators
- A2 Develop and widen access to the next generation of research capabilities and business facilities
- A3 Focus and align effort to address the UK Industrial and Bioeconomy Strategies
- B1 Develop future leaders through a skilled, productive and healthy UK workforce
- B2 Accelerate impact by leading two-way dialogue with our research and business networks
- B3 Stimulate creation of high-growth businesses to meet the needs of society and the economy
- C1 Create a collaborative, rich and diverse campus community of international significance
- C2 Build a strong, funded, sustainable future supported with built and service infrastructure
- C3 Co-ordinate and support structures to enable the delivery of Park activities
The vision statement and our priorities provide us with our goal. To achieve our goal, we need a shared, strategic approach, where people from across and beyond the Park co-operate and collaborate as one community; connected to the world and focussed on delivering economic and societal change.
Through work on the strategy to date, we have identified the Six Pillars which provide the foundations and the tools to deliver the strategy, as well as the Framework of activity on and around the Park, and within which the strategy exists.
This site explains some of the progress so far on building the strategy, along with a few examples of the outstanding work that is being carried out here on the Park and with our stakeholders, as we move Forward Together.
Image: Thomas Louveau, John Innes Centre: images.norwichresearchpark.ac.uk